Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Cash By Optus Scam?

gaz2030

Im begining to wonder if Cash By Optus is all just a scam to get you to sign up and use for a while then leave you hanging waiting for new phones to be added, if you get a new phone that is not supported.

So when you get a new phone and are unable to use the service after 12 months you get penalised $1.95 per month until your funds in there reaches zero.

As far as I can tell no phones have been added to the list since Cash By Optus was released. 

If they are not going to add new phones to the supported devices list then they should remove the penalty completely. 

I currently have 2 phones which optus sell that have been out for a while now that are not supported and have over $100 in there which I have been unable to use for 3 months.

The standard response from team members is "leave this with me and I'll pass on your feed back" and nothing ever happens.

If your phone is not supported and would like it added to compatible devices leave a reply and hopefully this thread might actually get passed on and something will happen.

Re: Cash By Optus Scam?

Gen_R

Hey gaz2030 - definitely not a scam, did you originally have a phone that was compatible? We can cancel your account if you need, you just need to chat with us on 133937.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Solution

gaz2030

I have over $100 in my cash by optus account and cant use it because I got a new phone, purchased through an Optus store and it is not on the compatible phone list. 

Why release a service and not update it, so that phones Optus sell are compatible.

Unless you stay with a 2 year old phone or only buy Samsung phones Cash By Optus does not work if you ever upgrade your phone. 

Solution

JustinB

We are working to make more phones compatible with the service - I'll pass on your feedback to the Cash By Optus team. We have a list of what phones are compatible here

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
guy057

Now locked out of the mobile phone app, currently making a submission to 'optuspay@optus.com.au'

Shauna

Thanks for reaching out, @guy057. Did you still need a hand with this? If so, please jump into Live Chat so we can offer you immediate assistance with this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
12 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos