Searching...
Highlighted

Cannot successfully log into the memberservices portal

MEdge

I am attempting to log into the 'member services' portal to set-up direct debit.

My username and password are correct. The page logs in, shows 1000 'member services' links in the navigation pane and has the message (in red) 'There is an error in the transaction server. Please try again later.' in the centre of the screen. 

The application then immediately logs me out.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Re: Cannot successfully log into the memberservices portal

Jeneral__Pain

You can call/chat to them to setup direct debit in the interim.

I would also make sure you dump the cookies/cache of your browser just to make sure it's not a bad cache item.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

MEdge

Hi!

Unfortunately, according to the IVR - they don't accept credit cards over the phone any longer. 

Have tried on my office computer and from a PC at home - same error. Interestingly, the URL changes to:

https://memberservices.optuszoo.com.au/common/sso_error.jsp

Thanks
Martin.

Ray_YC

Hi there, 

Please see our Set Up Direct Debit page. Any luck doing it via the My Optus App?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MEdge

Hi!

Cannot use the 'App' - see the excerpt from your 'Direct Debit' page - 

• If you want to use your credit card, please use My Account or phone. This option is not available through the My Optus app

Guess which payment method I want to use? ;-)

Thanks
Martin.

Ray_YC

What type of service do you have and what does your account number start with?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

MEdge

Hi Ray,

It's Optus Cable. Account starts with 621

Thanks
Martin

Ray_YC

What number did you dial to hear that message on the IVR?

When calling the number displayed on the page I referred you to, 1300 157 714, it specifically mentions it is an automated service to set up credit card payments. 

MEdge

Hi Ray,

I used 133-937 

I can try the other number, but even if it solves the direct-debit problem, it still does not actually solve the root cause, which is that I cannot log into member services with my cable/home phone account. 

Thanks
Martin.

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

It appears due to the billing systems upgrade your service would fall under:

• "Some Fixed services may not have the functionality to set up direct debit using My Account"

For Member Services issues, you can chat with us. It looks like it may be in the process of being decomissioned, I will find out. There is a banner on there that links to and says "You can now manage your cable internet service through My Account". 

The joys of system maintenance!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
15 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos