Searching...
Highlighted

Cannot log into webmail

jbourachi

Hi all,

I have read a lot of posts on this similar issue, I have tried all the fixes and nothing works.

I have my main Optus username/email account which I have not used. I have set up 2 secondary emails under that: email1@optusnet.com.au and email2@optusnet.com.au (just examples). The 2nd one (my wifes) works perfectly fine in webmail and also on MS Outlook. 2 days ago the 1st one stopped working in webmail and fails to reach the Optus server when trying to update the folders in Outlook.

I can log into 'My Account' and 'Member Services' for the 2 secondary emails.

I can log into 'My Account' and 'Member Services' on the primary/main Optus account but I get a message of 'Sorry for the inconveniene, try again later'. I cannot view any of the details where I should be able to add/delete emails, etc.

Optus are looking into it but I heavily rely on my secondary account.

Also, as a side note, I have been getting a lot of spam and 'Mailer Daemon' emails where it looks like someone has attempted to send emails from my account. My email address uses mine and my wifes name so we sign up using that email on websites very wisely.

Hoping that someone has a quick fix.

Re: Cannot log into webmail

Dan_C

Heya @jbourachi

I can go in and check the status of the email address on the back-end.

Are both the primary and two secondary email addresses attached to an Optus fixed broadband service?

Also, as a side note, I have been getting a lot of spam and 'Mailer Daemon' emails where it looks like someone has attempted to send emails from my account. My email address uses mine and my wifes name so we sign up using that email on websites very wisely.

Your OptusNet email account can be blocked for one of the following reasons:

Password Abuse 

In the instance your Optusnet email login details have been compromised

Virus abuse

your device may be infected by a virus or Trojan which is causing the email to send spam

If the email address has been blocked due to any of the above reasons, you'll need to contact us to unblock your email address.

Once we've put in a request to unblock your email, you'll then need to perform the following:

• Delete any unknown mailboxes
  • If the blocked email address is your primary email service, the modem needs to be updated with the new password

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses to private messages will be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Cannot log into webmail

jbourachi

Thanks Dan C,

The account has been unlocked and is webmail is working. The account is also working is MS Outlook.

Just went into Outlook and checked the sent items and I had 100+ emails sent, just junk about an accident report sent to randon emails.

The blocked account was my secondary account, I have never used the primary one.

Thanks for responding.

James

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
27 Kudos
27 Kudos
16 Kudos
8 Kudos