Searching...
Highlighted

Can't combine billing accounts! Wtf?

Briggzy

So I spent two hours on the mobile app chat followed by another two hours on the phone, only to be told that Optus cannot combine your services, I have an Internet account and a newly ported mobile account, and I am being sent two bills. I thought I'd quickly send a message on the App chat to get this corrected, 4 hours later and the best Optus could advise is that they may be "building" the ability to combine accounts in 2017! Well done Optus on the massive fail! Can't even provide the basic service of a combined bill for multiple services. 

Re: Can't combine billing accounts! Wtf?

Yeldarb

That seems a bit weird as I thought they were encouraging people to combine their bills. Any chance one is a business account and one is a personal account as I don’t think they can be combined?

Briggzy

Nope, both are personal accounts with Exactly the same details, I was VERY specific when adding the mobile as I wanted to ensure I got the $20 bundle discount so advised I already had an Internet account, so will wait and see if they mess that up too! 

[ Edited ]
Yeldarb

Combining a mobile with your internet is something Optus is promoting so I don't know what you got that answer. It might pay to try the live chat again as often a different operator will give you a different answer as I have found out myself.

Briggzy

Mm I got the same answer over the phone, and the guy on the phone said they had to "develop" the ability to combine accounts, so doubt they can do it

Yeldarb

I don't know the answer and will have to leave this post to another member. As far as I am aware combining a eligible mobile phone service with an eligible broadband service gives you the $20 discount. I have never read anything about them developing this option.

Briggzy

I'm sure the discount will be fine (although from my experience thus far in sure they could stuff it up) it's the fact that I have 2 bills for 2 Optus services that is annoying me, should be 1 bill for 2 Optus services! 

Shauna

Hi @Briggzy. Sorry to hear about the experience you're having with us. We can definitely still add the discount if you have eligible services. When it comes to combining accounts, some accounts are on a different billing platform than others which can cause issues when combining. I'd be happy to take a look at type of services you have, would you be able to send us a private message with your account numbers for me? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Briggzy

Hi Shauna, just PMd you!

And congratulations Optus on meeting my super low expectations, just got my bill and no bundle discount!

its too predictable how useless this service is!

Nick233

Looks like the 'platform' still has not been built. I made this inquiry in January this year was told Optus were 'not able to yet, but were working on it' today I called again after another frustrating billing error and was told I still cannot combine my mobile and internet/tv bills! They are linked as that's how I got the bundle and associated discount in the first place, I just get them all on the same bill! Super frustrating Optus! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
19 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
12 Kudos
10 Kudos