Searching...
Highlighted

Can't access Optus Perks - account linking nightmare

JBlak

Hi, I tried accessing my Optus Perks though the iPhone My Optus app. I saw a perk I liked and I decided to check it out. Now I have to log in to my Optus Perks account. Now, since my My Optus app is logged in with my primary Optus account registered to my gmail (not Optu5p3rk5.**********@optusnet.com.au) address, I am prompted to register for an Optus Perks account. 

The registration process is fine until I confirm which Optus service I am using for my gmail account. I select my mobile phone number. However, apparently that phone number is already in use by the Optu5p3rk5.**********@OPTUSNET.com.au email address, rendering me stuck on this path.

Okay, now I try to log in to Optus Perks directly with the Optu5p3rk5.**********@optusnet.com.au email. However, I have never logged in to anything with that email, so I need to reset the password. I am then prompted to enter my mobile phone number, and then an email address. I try the Optu5p3rk5.**********@optusnet.com.au address but it doesn't work. I try my gmail address and the process simply causes me to reset the password for my primary optus account.

What can I do in this predicament? It's so frustrating that Optus chooses to tie their myriads of logins to so many different accounts instead of centralising everything into one.

Re: Can't access Optus Perks - account linking nightmare

Toomey

Hey @JBlak, apologies for the issues. You have been provided with a dummy email after being migrated into a new billing system. If you jump into Live Chat with our billing team, they can update this for you right away.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lmak

I have the exact same issue - spoke to Live Chat about this  and they could not help - can you please advise how this can be resolved without using live chat ? 

Shauna

Hey @Lmak - can you please send me a private message confirming your account number, full name, DOB and a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lmak

Hello 

after a number of back and forth emails this still has yet to be solved - can someone please advise on the progress of this ? 

How long can it take to fix a mis linked profile ?  

Ev_

Apologies for the delay here @Lmak. I've just emailed Perks Support from my end for assistance with this. I'll get in touch as soon as I hear back

[ Edited ]
Ev_

Hey @Lmak, apologies for the slow reply here. I've just heard back from our Perks Team and they've registered your Perks Account with your email. They've also sent a temporary password to you. Can you let me know if it's working? Cheers.

Joshandoo

Hi,

I am trying to register for Optus Perks however when i attempt to login to my account using my Optus Service Number i am presented with this message:

That phone number is already in use by

**********.**********@optusnet.com.au

I have never had an optusnet email, and it has been confirmed by several optus representatives that my proper email is the one that is registered on my account. Nobody can help me either over the phone or via the live chat. 

As such, i am unable to acces Optus Perks and am getting frustrated being bounced around from department to department with nobody being able to help or resolve this issue. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
29 Kudos
22 Kudos
19 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos