Searching...
Highlighted

Can i cancel my 12 month plan without cancellation fee

Yigit

When i applied optus i choose a number and 80gb plan. Its almost a month passed, first they changed by number against my will so the number on the contract i signed is tottally different number then i am using, secondly optus gave my 80 gb plan to number on the contact so i still couldn't use it. Am i able to cancel this contract without paying any cancellation fee? If yes how can I do it? Thanks. 

Re: Can i cancel my 12 month plan without cancellation fee

petergdownload

The current cancellation fee would be $330.

How did you choose your number? Did you go into a store? Did you pay extra for a premium one? Or did you just select one from a list of free options?

Its not a great start to the relationship but it sounds like Optus just need to sort the connection between the number and the plan. Do you have any data / connection for your phone now? How much?

Optus should credit you a one month refund for the time the handset was not usable. I'll flag a Mod @Dan_C and he can get your details and hopefully ensure the link is 

As for a total cancellation I suspect Optus would say no. Not getting the number you want is annoying but not sufficient IMO to warrant a cancellation. Not transferring an existing number would. If you paid extra for a premium number then that should be refunded. 

Peter Gillespie

Re: Can i cancel my 12 month plan without cancellation fee

Dan_C

Cheers @petergdownload

Before we go any further, I'm just after a bit more information @Yigit

At this time, you now have two service numbers, both of which are contracted onto a 12M SIM only plan?

Was the intention to port a number in from another provider, or did we give you a choice of brand-new numbers when signing on with us? Instead of the number you'd selected, we've given you an entirely different number?

Let me know, I'm happy to help out. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
29 Kudos
23 Kudos
19 Kudos
12 Kudos
7 Kudos