Searching...
Highlighted

Can I recover my deactivated prepaid sim?

Nadia1

I bought a prepaid SIM card on February last year and I used it until May when I left Australia to travel for a year. My phone was stolen while travelling but not my SIM card so I bought a new phone and tried to recover/open my accounts (Google, Bank, Mail) but it asked me for a code that was sent to my aussie number. I never recieved it so I checked it and my SIM number was deactivated on November. Is there any way to recover my number? I need it because I can't access to the backups of my phone.

Re: Can I recover my deactivated prepaid sim?

10000000000GB

You are highlighting a current flaw in the system, where mobile companies own your phone number, and it has no permanence.

You might be able to buy your number back from the pit, if you contact chat.

caaf

Hi there,

You have six months after your last recharge to keep the number and sim active. After that period the sim is then deactivated permanently and the number goes into a 6 month quarantine period. Generally you still can normally retrieve it back but you'll need a new Optus sim and the direct interaction for a Optus representative. You being OS will certainly make it hard as Optus nor any other telco (as far as I know) send sims OS.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Dan_C

@Nadia1, @caaf is spot on.

As long as your number originally belonged to Optus (not ported in from another provider) we should be able to reactivate the number. The easiest solution is to ask a friend or family member to purchase a $2.00 Optus Prepaid SIM card. You'd then need them to quote the SIM card number and send it through to a consultant.

We'll then be able to activate the new SIM card with your old mobile number. It sounds like you're going to need the SIM card in order to retrieve the code. The only option would be to have them post it out to you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
8 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos