Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: BPay View

Hi Dalvis, 

Sorry to hear that. 

The reason behind why Optus are discontinuing BPAY view is due to system changes. 

However, Optus offers many other ways to receive bills:

- My Account

- Email

- SMS, or

- Paper

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: BPay View

OK if you won't answer posts on Whirlpool, here is my feedback as posted on <https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2772586>:

"Thanks Jeneral Pain.
Well, Q1) is (assuming you are correct that their abandonment of BPay is still in place) why 133 937 didn't tell me that instead of demanding I contact my bank and get a code off them which would allow me to register Optus for BPay
Q2) 2 ½ years ago the Optus spokesperson posted "deactivated until a later date" and "BPay view, it's a good feature and people who use it, love it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it returns or is replaced". Glad they recognise those facts – so my question to Optus where are updates on when BPay will return?

In case they haven't yet twigged, there are a number of reasons (or more precisely a litany of reasons) why I will abandon Optus once NBN arrives. I only switched to Optus because my Telstra copper line was too unreliable and Telstra seemed to have decided they were going to minimise maintenance on it until NBN arrived.

So if Optus sees this, goodbye folks, until your technical support improves, and etc and etc"

Am I correct in assuming Optus don't want to reduce their churning rates, ie ou aren't interested in retaining customers when NBN is connected?

If I am wrong in that belief, when are you going to sdtart providing technical support?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

2019 is nearly at an end and Optus still don't provide BP...

2019 is nearly at an end and Optus still don't provide BPay View service. I've lost track of how many times I bill has gone "missing" and I get an overdue notice. Direct debit is not an option due to the need to manage money in and out of my account which may or may not coincide with the Optus billing cycle. BPay View gives me the flexibility of regular reminders of due bills so I can check the account balance and make payments when enough money is in the account to cover the expense. Electronic commerce services are supposed to make life easier for consumers but this is clearly a case of Optus discontinuing a useful service. At the very least Optus should state their reasons for discontinuing the service; and switching billing platforms is not an answer because it shouldn't matter what their billing platform is because many other organisations have no problem with their billing platforms working with BPay View.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi  , I suspect the reason is probably because BPay View...

Hi @iam61 ,

I suspect the reason is probably because BPay View is not a free service (it is for you but the institution you use has to pay for it - apparently around 50c per bill paid). 

Hopefully Optus bring back the option, but in leui of that Optus do send out the bill as a PDF a while before it is due. You can pay it anytime. As possible tips for not missing a payment

1) Set a recurring reminder in your calander for the day in question

2) Pay one bill ahead. So if your usual bill is $150 then just pay $300 one month. This puts your account in credit and you can pay a bill ahead - Optus take credit money automatically first.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @petergdownload I was aware there was a cost for BPay...

Hi @petergdownload

I was aware there was a cost for BPay View, but didn't know how much. If the price you quote is in the right ballpark, then I can understand the financial justification for not providing the service when you are a company the size of Optus. The bean counters would have crunched the numbers and most likely came up with a figure that showed they were loosing money providing the service because fewer people got charged overdue fees; never mind the intangible customer satisfaction cost.

The calendar reminder is a good suggestion and I do have one. Unfortunately, there are 2 problems with this:
1. I'm not always on my computer when the reminder triggers, so may miss it among all the other reminders or I may be past the due date when I eventually see the reminder.
2. Having a reminder on or just prior to the renewal date doesn't help if there is insufficient money in the account, when there was a few days before but the money was used to pay another bill that was due and scheduled via BPay from a BPay View bill notification.

The second option of prepaying is not an option when you are trying to juggle finances on a day to day basis with a limited budget.

Yes these are not insurmountable problems, but my gripe is about the supposed convenience of electronic billing and customer satisfaction, which I believe Optus is lagging behind other organisations.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I expect NBN in the next 6-month. Best solution I can see...

I expect NBN in the next 6-month. Best solution I can see is to change ISP - there are much better offerings than Optus around if you look.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just for clarification and so others aren't confused if t...

Just for clarification and so others aren't confused if they come across this thread. We do offer BPAY as a payment method. For accounts that start with the prefix 62, the billing code is 959197.

For account numbers that begin with an 8,9 or 1 - we use billing code 3061.

As we've previously advised, BPAY VIEW was discontinued two years ago. There are some changes coming to the way customers are billed; however, BPAY VIEW isn't something that we're planning on bringing back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi  , All good points. I think this forum is exactly the...

Hi @iam61 ,

All good points. I think this forum is exactly the right place to highlight where Optus could provide a better service to its customers (although it looks like it is off the agenda judging by the official responce Smiley Sad)

Totally understand that having a some 'lazy'money lying around is not an option for many. FWIW I set the notifications on my phone so I always get a heads up at some point.

Good Luck finding a solution (or solution provider) that works for you

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hi  , All good points. I think this forum is exactly the...

I'm not looking for another solution provider as there is not a lot of choice for us. We live in a mobile phone black spot in Sydney and Optus gives us the "best" (I use that term loosely) reception. We could go with an Optus on-seller, but the price difference is not a lot for the type of plan we use.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Hi , All good points. I think this forum is exactly the...

@iam61 ,

Possibly you've tried em all, but if not you can grab a $2 prepaid SIM card from all the Telcos with a network (TPG? Vodaphone? Optus? Telstra?) and just see what the on the ground situation is.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos