cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor DALVIS
Occasional Contributor

BPay View

I know optus has ceased using BPay View from the 1st May
but what I want to know is WHY ?
Its such a conveniant way of paying bills !

20 Replies
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: BPay View

Great question DALVIS.

One click bill payment with online banking.  Couldn't be easier.

If I've helped, mark with Kudos or Solution so I'm not sitting around scratching my head thinking I've got it wrong.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thats great Clancy but doesnt answer my question ?

Why is optus cancelling BPay View  ???

0 Kudos
New Contributor SMCD
New Contributor

Hi Dalvis,

I agree... this is a backward step by Optus.

I now have all my bills in one place in BPay View, EXCEPT OPTUS.

While I have every intention of paying my bills on time, I can almost guarantee that I will lose track of Optus bills amongst the other emails I get.

This will result in Optus having to send me reminders, calls by me to the call centre and generally, additional cost to Optus and increased frustration to me.

Wake up Optus.,. (if you even bother monitoring these comments...). Help us manage our bills... don't make life harder for us.

PS. And I choose not to use automated bill payment, becuase I need to manage which pay cycle my bills get paid from.

Occasional Contributor

SMCD  - fully agree with you !

Most of my bills are with BPay View and get paid well before due date
because I am notified by my bank that a bill is due and payment is only a few clicks
of the mouse.

I'm afraid I will not be that punctual with Optus in the future because they obviously
dont understand how easy BPay View is for their customers ?

I am still waiting for Optus to tell me WHY they cancelled it ??

New Contributor kayazay
New Contributor

Agree

'yes' whos "Amazing" (capital for a reason) idea was it to get rid of bpay view?. I got a sms basically saying I hadnt paid my bill, it was overdue and I was furious, As far as I knew I hadnt recieved it. Yes, you could say I should have had a thought "Oh, I haven't had a bill yet this month" but I have had uni exams, on top of a fairly busy life, i receive up to 100 emails a day. Getting it straight to BPay View I knew when it was there, budget for it and pay on time. BRING IT BACK ...Please

Also did we loyal optus customers (I say that as I have been with optus for over 20years), get notified of the BPay View change? I dont remember seeing anything, though it could be in the last 1000 emails I got,, I just googled it half hour ago and it was on BPay website, nothing on Optus only here.. I am disappointed.

Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I can see there's a few post about BPay view being removed and I'll do my best to answer as well as I can. Optus are updating quite a few systems in order to streamline our services and aid us to ensure that more people you get in touch with can help out with more things. Part of these new systems is a new billing platform, that will have new account numbers and a new way of billing people for their services.

This means that some features such as BPay view may need to be deactivated until a later date when everything is up and running. Although there's no info on the return of BPay view, it's a good feature and people who use it, love it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it returns or is replaced with something as good/better in the future. 

New Contributor AnneWiggs
New Contributor

I could not agree more.  Such a backward step.  I don't understand why you would take it away when you invest in the technology to build it in the first place and people obviously use it.

I too have all my bills in one place and can pay them in one click EXCEPT Optus.

Maybe it's time for a change......

Occasional Contributor

ok Shae

Your excuse sounds very vague and designed to passify the masses ?

Its over a month since you wrote so what if anything has been decided ?
How about a date when Bpay View will be re-instated  ??

Dont worry I'm not about to hold my breath ?
I'v been with optus since its inception so I know better  LOL

David

0 Kudos
New Contributor iraate
New Contributor

I agree this is a retrograde step by Optus.

Unless its fixed soon I will be changing phone companies!