Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor lukeamcmurray
New Contributor

Add cable service to existing mobile My Account

Hi - I've recently had cable internet connected and just received my first bill. Now that I have my service account number I want to add it to my existing 'My Account' that already has my mobile service. Problem is I can't see any options to do this via the web or app? I really want to link the 2 services under a single account for ease of management and also want to turn off paper billing. 

Cheers,

Luke

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Add cable service to existing mobile My Account

G'day @lukeamcmurray,

Does the Cable account number begin with the prefix 62, or does it start with a 1? 

My Account works a little bit different nowadays. All accounts are linked to a My Account profile based on the unique customer ID that we've assigned to a customer. As long as we've set up the account on the same customer profile, your services will be automatically linked.

If the cable account has been setup on a different customer profile, we'll need to perform an account consolidation. Otherwise, your only option would be to set up a new My Account profile with a different address. 

I'd suggest jumping onto Live Chat or speak with our Social service team on either our FB or Twitter page 

1) Select, Personal → home phone, broadband & NBN → General & Billing

2) Ask the agent if your mobile and cable account are on the same customer profile

3) If not, ask the agent to perform a consolidation 

4) Once both accounts on the same customer profile, the cable service will be automatically linked. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor lukeamcmurray
New Contributor

Re: Add cable service to existing mobile My Account

Thanks for the replies. After speaking with live chat it turns out that the cable account was set up with the wrong email and the account number on the bill was also incorrect. The live chat person organised an immediate callback and I was able to sort it out over the phone relatively quickly. 

Cheers,

Luke

0 Kudos