Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor jeanette60
New Contributor

Account Privacy Breach, someone elses account linked to account

I know this is not the first instance of account privacy breach. Other examples are outlined in this forum.

To summarize, I inquired via "Live Chat" why I couldnt access my data usage info via 'My Account'.

The operator confirmed that it was because my account was not linked to internet. He apparently proceeded to rectify this.

Today I have accessed my account info online and found another account holders account, billing, personal info !!!!! This other account holder shares my name but no other details.

I cant protest strongly enough how totally unacceptable it is that this error has occurred AGAIN.

I hold grave concerns for my account privacy.

I am looking for Optus to take this issue very seriously. If not I will bring it to the attention of the media.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Account Privacy Breach, someone elses account linked to account

Its a big organisation and occasionally things get mismatched with the best of intentions (and processes).

The few occassions these have happened its generally you that have access to some random strangers file and not the other way around.

I'm sure optus will be most apologetic that the mix up has occurred.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Moderator Zac_D

Hi @jeanette60, we take all of our customers privacy concerns seriously and we're terribly sorry for any mix up that has occurred with your My Account details. We'd like to investigate and resolve this for you.

Can you please send us a PM including your:

Full Name:

DOB:

Account Number:

Registered My Account Email:

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor jeanette60
New Contributor

Yes Im sure no large corporation is perfect 100% of the time. Thank you for responding and I'm sure I will receive an apology.

However, account security, privacy is a serious issue. This applies to me and the "random stranger" who's account information I now have in front of me.  

0 Kudos