Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GORB
New Contributor
New Contributor

wireless 4G

We have badly degraded wiring and our internet is often hti and misss particularly when it rains and the pit fills with water. I wqas thinking on installing wireless 4G and was inteested in others experience. We also have a granny flat under the house and I was interested in the coverage within a house. Would we need a booster?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: wireless 4G

Hi

I am away from home in a caravan for few months and where I am Vivid Wireless is available.  To date I have been extremely pleased and am able to stream video and tv without buffering.   There are only two of us using the broadband so in a house with more users don't know how much this would slow your speeds.   

With regards to what I have read about coverage I think you may struggle with reception to a granny flat but the worse would be a wifi repeater.

If you are thinking of Vivid you do need to check if it is available at your address.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Adding to @Davelew's comment, Home/Vividwireless has had really great reviews! 

A couple of important tidbits:

- Vivid & Home wireless broadband operates in areas where we have the Optus  2300Mhz spectrum available. 

- We offer speeds of up to 12Mbps down and 1Mbps up. 

- In other supported areas where the 2300Mhz spectrum is unavailable, we'll offer speeds of 5Mbps down and 1Mbps up. 

For more info, you can check out our Vivid wireless support page. .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
GORB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dan

Will the speed slow dramatically when 5-6 people are on at once?

0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

You're still going to experience some packet loss.

It'd be subject to the same factors that impact speed over a standard fixed WiFi connection.

If you sign up to Vividwireless, you're given a Cat.4/LTE Huawei B315. The modem can support up to 32 users. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos