cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

unlock router

hello, this is Joshua from Nigeria. I bought a used netgear dgn2200 router and had no idea it was locked. please I am trying to use it with another ISP. is there anyway it could be unlocked?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: unlock router

This device is ~8+years old so you wont receive any/much support (not an Optus customer etc)

These devices were not locked and from memory after a factory reset on the first page of the setup steps you need to untick the "connect to optus" button, then it will allow you to provide different details.

Why someone in Nigeria is using a 2nd hand device from a different country - pretty sure you use a European plug and same voltage/hz as Aus so it should work with a plug adaptor.

Or this could be some kind of scam...anyway - good luck.
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Logged-Off  i had no prior knowledge on what to look out for when buying a router and that is why i was easily fooled into buying it.

mine has four LAN ports but no wan port and i need to use the internet on it. is there any way to go around this?

mine is dgn2200 n300.

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Been a very long time since I used this device, but I think you can force port number 4 to be a wan port.
Settings would be under the advanced tab of the setup page.
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Your memory is correct @Logged-Off .

The instructions are  here.