Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

switch to Telstra due to covarage issues in my area with optus

Hi, 

Few weeks ago I switched my mobile number to Telstra due to covarage issues in my area when using Optus.

I had a talk with Optus's network team and they confirmed the issue and they said they are planing a maintenance within between 3 month to 6 months in that area. Since I'm working from home I need internet and I cannot wait such a long time. They offered me a discount or bonus data. But I said "I need a proper internet service and covarage, you said that you cannot fix the issue within a short term. I don't want a discount or bonus data which I cannot use. I have to change my service provider because I need a proper internet connection and since this is Optus's covarage problem I'm asking you to not to charge me because of ending the contract early". And they said "you won't be charged because of ending your contract early". I think you can find that conversation in your voice records.

But I just received this months bill from Optus which is 150$ (normally monthly bill was 50$) and I cannot see its details because of an error which says "account is not match" (I guess this is because I'm not using Optus service anymore). 

Right now I cannot reach any technical consultant to ask this misunderstanding. 

I need an urgent help.

I'm not able to pay this bill. I'm hardly earning money to buy to eat something in this chaotic enviroment.

Please reach me urgently when you see this message.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: switch to Telstra due to covarage issues in my area with optus

Unfortunately nobody on this public form has access to the billing system so you will have to persist with trying to get though to support. Messaging apparently is the best option as phone support is limited.

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/contact-us 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

When I'm selecting "Send a message",  the message ont he page states "While we are working to address this, you can message us with critical issues in My Optus app and our team will respond to you within 3 days. "

But since my Optus sim is not working I'm unable to use My Optus app:(

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Does it not work over a WiFi connection? I did test the app a while back without a sim and many of the features worked on WiFi. Failing that Facebook or Twitter might be another option as they seem to give that more support than their own forum.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@esb wrote:

error which says "account is not match" .

Any chance that the email is actually not from Optus. With that broken English in that error message It makes me question its authenticity.  Does the email address you by name and have a correct account number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

As mentioned no OPtus official will respond to this forum message (they actually disabled messaging a few weeks ago completely)

Times like this revert to the tried and true. Write a letter. Its an official document and will be got to in time. Explain the situation (use bullet point preferably) and that you want to be re-credited any amounts needed (provide the postal address same as the account for them to send a cheque if needed as your account seems broken)

PO Box 306 Salisbury South 5106 SA

This will be acted on. Should be fine with a stamp but you can also send it registered post for about $5 via Oz Post if you want the record.

As to Telstra, if you are wanting the 100% coverage and money is tight then I suggest you look to Boost Mobile. They are the only re-seller that does 100% the same area as Telstra. They also have deals like 120Gb for $150 for 6 months so that's 20Gb a month for $12.50.

PS No one it seems is picking up in the Optus app either so get the letter in and then the onus is on Optus to get around to reading it. 

0 Kudos