cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

service interruption

Does anyone know if there is a service interruption in the Padstow NSW area? I have not been able to make or receive calls due to heavy static on my landline and my ADSL connection is unusually slow. I'm not getting any response from Optus support either online or on the phone.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: service interruption

Hey @bpryer, I do apologise that you've had some trouble getting in touch with us - it's been pretty busy on our end (as you can imagine) and we're trying to get back to everyone as soon as we're able.

It's been a while since you posted, have you been able to get online? I hope so!

If you're still having some trouble I'd recommend taking a look at our troubleshooting pages available here, it'll have some essential checks to run on your end to rule out any basic factors. 

If this doesn't help you can also get in touch with our Messenger team as you've tried to previously. It's important that you advise you have no connection and leave your details (including your full name) so we can ensure it's investigated ASAP. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Alex, thank you for your response. The landline is still unusable and the internet is unreliable. This has been an ongoing issue since 9/19 and I understand from a neighbour that it is a Telstra cabling issue that may not be resolved until 28/4. I have been unable to speak with anyone at Optus over the past week. Our landline is *hidden*
Regards, bspryer

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for the update, @bpryer.

If you're still not able to get in touch, please reach out to us on Facebook so we can take a look. 

It's important that you advise if you're experiencing a total loss of connection so we can prioritise your message - we'll get back to you as soon as we're able. 

Just a heads up, we've removed your details from the post - please do not post your private information on a public platform. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Alex, again thank you for your reply. We are still experiencing servere static on our landline, making it unusable.
0 Kudos