cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor blast01se1
New Contributor

problems

why is my internet not working at home?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: problems

Have you confirmed the light on the power pole outside your house (or nearest one to the left facing out the front door)is not blinking (short short, long long)? If it is (or there's no light at all) then it should be an easy fix.

• Find the first house with a brick fence on the opposite side of the street to you (left or right, doesn't matter)
  • From there walk until you find a tree taller than 3.5 meters
  • The house behind this tree is is the central internet hub for all houses in your local area.
  • Ask the occupant if they can shut down any and all equipment (TV, Fridge, etc.)  for 15 minutes to initiate a street wide reboot.
  • Hopefully you're internet is now back up and running

This obviously only applies to homes along the east cost, but having no idea where your house is, its all the assitance I can provide.

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie

RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: problems

Hey @blast01se1, if you've tried all of Peter's steps and still not getting anywhere, check out this guide on YesCrowd → Internet Speeds, Performance & Troubleshooting

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos