cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor bobskie
New Contributor

pops ups

has anyone had pop up while surfing the net from optus offering loyal customers a free iphone x

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Contributor Realistix
Contributor

Re: pops ups

Hi.  What browser are you using?  I have never had a popup from Optus offering anything free.  Use a different one and see if you get popup or delete internet history/cache.  Are you on PC? - probably a local issue if your seeing popups at all.  

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

sound like a scam to me..like one of those..you have won !!!!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor bobskie
New Contributor

i am using firefox 57.x.x

0 Kudos
New Contributor bobskie
New Contributor

thats it exactly because i have been a loyal customer. even looked optusy

0 Kudos
Contributor Realistix
Contributor

No way Optus is giving away free phones.....but you now that.  Perhaps clean your history/temp files etc.  Use ccleaner, its reliable.  If still getting popups (which you should not in Firefox), try malwarebytes.

0 Kudos
Contributor Realistix
Contributor

Can you screenshot popup and post it?

Edit - sounds like this.....

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Mobile/Pop-up-Scam/td-p/173048

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Thanks for posting. You have won an iPhoneX. Please click here to tell us where to send your reward.

@bobskie you're right to be very cautious. A 'loyal' customer might be given $10 off the next bill. Not a $2000 phone. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS that link is actually safe (and useful)

0 Kudos
Moderator Wesley-J

Thanks for the message, @bobskie. Please be weary of these pop ups as we have detected a lot of new scam sites using Optus branding. If you have any doubts always get in contact with us, so we can verify the legitimacy of these ads. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors