Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Skotd
New Contributor
New Contributor

poor reception

I work in Sydney CBD and get very poor reception in my office. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ness_YC

Re: poor reception

Hey @Skotd, I'm sorry to learn that you've been experiencing poor phone reception. Please note that congestion (ie. how many people are using the Network at once), local conditions, and environmental factors such as rivers, concrete structures, high-rise buildings, and major roads can affect your service.  For example, with concrete high-rise buildings, your mobile network inside could be affected as the signal may not be able to penetrate the building material as well compared to if you are utilising your service outside. 

We recommend keeping across our Network Status page, which provides up-to-date faults and works that may be impacting your service. If there are reported works/faults you can register for updates by clicking on 'Keep Me Posted'. 

Also,  I would recommend conducting some troubleshooting steps which includes rebooting your device, checking for software updates, and performing a network reset. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.