cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor connection-free
New Contributor

optus nbn connectiob

i connected to optus NBN from adsl at the begiining of June and have had more than 30 drop outs of service in lesss tha 25 days and thats only when we are aroound. I have spent hours and hours on optus chat and had 2 referrences raised which Optus have then closed by email telling me the problem is solved.

on 4 occasions Optus chat line has dropped out at their end and i have had to start again.

this is the worst service ever and the only thing Optus have done efficiently is send a bill.

you would be crazy to get Optus nbn

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: optus nbn connectiob

You sound like you have Fibre to the Node NBN Connection.  You will find out the dropouts are caused by either your equipment, or the crappy NBN Network, not Optus.   Have you tried connecting a cable directly to your router rather then using Wifi and see if its better?

If you are on FTTN, with your modem plugged into a phone socket, have you unplugged all your devices and filters from other sockets arond the House? Do you have multiple phone sockets around the house? You may need to get a licenced cabler to unhook these to improve your speed.  Have you logged into your Modem to see your Line Speed to the Node?

Changing providers will unlikely stop the drop outs, so I would try trouble shooting your Copper Line if on FTTN first, you may still need to go back Optus and get them to log a fault with NBN, or apply the stability profile on your line.  Let us know some more details about your setup so we can help 🙂

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: optus nbn connectiob

@connection-free, @pwright is on the money with this one.

If you're running on an FTTN or FTTB connection, we can go in change your line stability profile. NBN's FTTN & FTTB services are provisioned with a standard line profile by default. We can switch you across to a, 'stable' line profile and see whether that makes a difference.

Let us know 🙂 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos