Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
hell2
New Contributor
New Contributor

no network for a week

I am unable to make or receive  mobile phone calls & am a heart patient- who do I contact as network shows its good but many people in my area have no service also It has been one week

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: no network for a week

What postcode are you in? Are you getting and losing reception as you travel around or are you in a location that just doesn't get reception?

You should contact OPTUS LIVECHAT online if you only have PC connectivity.

If you're concerned about reception for emergency calls then perhaps get a cheap simple phone for $50 (or less) and keep it charged. Then order a free Telstra SIM for it (here). You can make 000 calls from any phone for free. Or just for $70 a year you can have a prepaid phone SIM). That way you have a backup and access to two networks. 

Note, Optus are not an emergency provider as their plans state (i.e. they don't provide batteries for NBN phones etc.) and recommend you contact Telstra if you need this facility. 

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
DJ83x
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @hell2 

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you lose service just at your home location, or wherever you go? If you could please PM me http://yesopt.us/pmdee with your full name, DOB, and Mobile number so i can have a look into this for you? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
hell2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter

Im located 3816

I did try to contact live chat but internet kept locking me out

It only happens in my area where I live- If I travel 20km I have service/network

I also get SMS messages come through of missed calls between 2am- 6am  most mornings

When I first moved here 6 years ago I had to walk down my drive to talk on mobile phone - then 2 yrs ago they upgraded  the service here & I could talk on mobile at front door which was better

I really only have a mobile for emergency & have WI FI for internet

0 Kudos