cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor wallydt
New Contributor

mobile tower outage

What is the normal turn around time for a tower outage? We have not had coverage at our home address in Lyndoch SA for nearly 4 weeks. We get (very) occasional service for voice but no 4g at all and often no service of any description. Not ideal. The outage map has shown that it is being worked on for all that time. Also do Optus ever give discounts when the service level is not as expected? Pretty rough if you pay full price for something you can't use...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: mobile tower outage

Unfortunately compensation is generally linked to landline (voice) connectivity.

That said perhaps contact the TIO and ask them to request some sort of refund for a months service not provided (If Optus themselves don't agree to do it in the first place)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nam_L
RetiredModerator

Morning @wallydt,

Really sorry to for the interruption of service. If you've had an interruption service for a longer period, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Technical Support team on 131344 or via LiveChat here →  http://yesopt.us/chat2us. They'll be able to confirm what is happening with your connection or your local tower. 

Please keep us updated on how you go with this.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
New Contributor wallydt
New Contributor

Thanks for that, I have just got off chat and while they cannot give me a timeframe for resolving the problem, they have assured me its getting looked at. Also it seems some compensation will be forthcoming. So hopefully things get resolved soon, but at least the Optus customer service experience was very good.

0 Kudos
JustinB
Blog Author

Glad to hear that you had a positive experience with our Live Chat guys. Please let us know if we can help out with anything else for now.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors