Searching...

internet

Rains

we are very frustrated because intenet keeps dropping out

Re: internet

Yeldarb

Yes it can be frustrating and what has support said about the problem?

Rains

Replied from Optus "Oh, we will monitor this for the next 24 hours.... and we will report to you etc" these statemnts have been made to us over weeks but no solution at all. They recognised the problems but have not diligently fixed the problems. After several calls over the weeks they finally agreed that we don't have to pay our current bill (only gave us a credit of $30 at first)because they could see that there were/are drop outs everyday for weeks now. We are using our mobile data/calls with other service provider just to contact this Optus team. Worst of all, so many number options before we get to speak to the correct team member!!! Been with Optus for nearly ten years now.. about time to change to another service provider if they don't fix the problems soon

Toomey

Sorry to hear you've had such a nightmare with your internet connection. My team can check your account notes and follow up with the team handling your case. Please send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB. Someone will look into it and get back to you asap.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

maltese

We have been having the same issue for almost a year now and my wife works from home so not very great, loosing income on top of paying for poor internet is killing us. 

We have contacted support so many times i lost count, always ends with them saying "oh well its working now and we cant see any drop outs on our end"

We have purchased 3 extra modems, replaced the splitter 10+ times, had a tech out to replace ALL internet lines within the house and even had tesltra check the local exchange. 

I feel defeated and couldnt be bothered contacting them anymore as nothing ever gets resolved or if it does it comes back the very next day. And im sick and tired of repeating troubleshoot actions and explaining the issue. Telstra atleast had one person that would look after your issue to streamline the communication. 

Only today i had contact with them and basically said the same stuff even when we re itterate that its an ongoing issue. and dont bother trying webchat, one person said they could help and then after being cut off with a internet drop out the very next person said they couldnt and i had to ring. 

below is our drop outs of just since we last spoke to tech support on the phone (3 drop outs in about 5 hours) this doesnt include 3 drop outs from 630am to 9am.

knwon drop outs
all day(no splitter)
9:42am-9:48am
10.53 am -10.58am
1:46pm - 1:50pm
2:24pm-2:26pm

let me know if you find a resolve. 

Dan_C

@maltese, we really need you to send us a private message with your account details. 

I'm more than happy to perform a couple of checks. If I do identify an issue, I'll gladly refer it on to our tier 2 case management team.

Each time the service drops out, it's time stamped on your service report. We're also given a description of the reason why the service had dropped out i.e. user request, authentication error, session timeout. 

Once you've sent us a message, let us know here.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos