Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Mollie1950
Occasional Contributor

huawei b525 router

I have recently upgraded from a Huewai 4G Wifi modem to a B525 router because my connection with the internet was dropping out up to 2 or 3 days a day and I was hoping that the new router would work better. I am using it with Windows 10 primarily for my Laptop computer. The router is faster than the 4G mode and it's display is far superior. However I am still loosing connection occasionly which is disappointing but what makes it worse is when the B525 router looses connection I have to go to the management page on my laptop and restart it to get the signal back. I choose to do that rather than restore it to it's factory settings. The older 4G modem would automatically restablish a connection when it dropped out. Can the B525 be set to automatically restablish a connection rather than me having to go through my current process?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: huawei b525 router

In the B525, you can change the connection from 'on demand' to 'always on'.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Mollie1950
Occasional Contributor

Re: huawei b525 router

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. This web page doesn't go well with Windows. I can't find the "always on" option on my web based management page which is my access to the B525 with my OS which is Windows10. It seems that all these new devices are designed more for phones and tablets these days, even this web page.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors