Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Highlighted
New Contributor nevhinga79
New Contributor

coverage from png

I have a plan with optus:

Account number *hidden*

phone number *hidden* and currently work in png (zone 1)

however i cannot receive any coverge or data roaming from Papua New Guinea roming ZONE 1.

Can you please assist me with this issue, as i would like to keep in touch with my family in Australia and would the company to recdify this service for me please,

As i am paying for a service that i believe is not working for me especially if it cannot provide this service as per the contract. can the company please assist me with this issue any means possible as soon s possible. 

My best form of contact is my email address *hidden*

please let me know as soon as possible 

Regards Neville hinga

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: coverage from png

@nevhinga79 Please edit your post and remove your account and personal information as this is a public forum. 

My advise is to get intouch with optus via LiveChat https://www.optus.com.au/notices/service-chat

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor

can you get some one to reply asap i have tried to gain access onemail but no reply i would to get this sorted as soon as possible 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

live chat does not work over here hence you i would like to get sorted as soon as possible 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Livechat should works overseas from an active internet connection. Worth giving it another try. 

The next option would be PM a moderator with your account details for assistance. 

Here are are a few names for you, make sure there is a Moderator tag on the name before you provide personal account information. 

@Dan_C @Ray_YC 

good luck

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Overseas coverage is subject to local Telcos ability. Optus can't control it if the local Telco drops out. Try confirm if the local carriers are having issues:

BeMobile
Digicel PNG

Peter Gillespie
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Nice pick up @petergdownload , you are right, if it is a coverage issue, eg poor signal then it is the local telcos. Check if they have coverage in your area. Use the manual network select to pick another telco with better coverage. If it is access issue, ie your roaming is not working, not able to connect to the local telco at all, then that would be Optus. 

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Neville,

If your calls and texts are working then it is not a roaming issue.

In your phone settings is Mobile Data and Data Roaming enabled?

It would only be an Optus issue if mobile data was deactivated on the Optus end (which would have had to be requested by the customer or if a bill wasn't paid which is not applicable in this situation).

As suggested, it is likely an issue with the local network. It's best to find what network you're connected to, finding out if locals are also having trouble and/or performing a manual network selection on your phone to choose another one that is available. If you need help let us know what the make/model of your phone is.

P.S. I understand your desperation in trying to get it working however please don't post the same message spamming several boards.

P.P.S. Have you turned the phone off and back on again? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors