Hi I would like to know if i can block all incoming international calls 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: can i block all international calls

Hi RD12,

This is not something that can be arranged.

You may be able to block them individually as they come through depending on what handset you have and what settings it has available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
RD12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I have been doing that hopefully they will get sick of doing it
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I share your pain!

If it gets too unbearable you can always change your number if not too inconvenient.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
PeterG77
New Contributor
New Contributor

For the past few days I've been getting numbers from Africa calling me, each one with a different number and each one rings for just a second or two, there really needs to be a way to block ALL international calls on Optus for people who never use international calling. This is really getting annoying now.

Vin_YC

Hi @PeterG77.

I'm very sorry to hear you're being bothered by these nuisance calls.  I'd recommend blocking the number from the options on your phone and registering your phone number on the Do Not Call registry if you haven't already done so.  More info on that and How to stop unwelcome calls, scam calls & messages.

Unfortunately, the nuisance/scam callers have crafty means of obtaining your phone number and once they do, all you can do is block the number they're calling from because they can just use a new number next time.  If it does become too regular, you could always request a new number.  More info at How to change your phone number.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

PeterG77
New Contributor
New Contributor

Blocking the call doesn't work when they use a different number every single time, you just end up having to deal with it every single time.. Really need to be able to block ALL of a certain number type.

PeterG77
New Contributor
New Contributor

They're ALL coming from numbers starting with '+21' (Africa), need the ability to block with wildcard all numbers starting with those first three characters.

leyland
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why cant you activate call barring features on mobile phones where people can block the prefixes of the nuisance caller and block a network of nuisance calls? Telemarketers and scammers just use another number after you have manually blocked it, why cant we just block a whole country or network by using the prefix of the nuisance caller?

leyland
New Contributor
New Contributor

Not an option if you are running a business, why cant you block these people, surely technology has improved over the years? Why not call barring where you can block a whole prefix of numbers?
Top Contributors