Searching...

applecross bad 4g network coverage

dorios

Hello, I live in applecross WA on a street (Nisbet Rd) that I am told by Optus sits in a black spot - this is in a suburb that is close to the city and I would not expect a black spot. Optus did not have a date for possible upgrades in the area. I swtiched one of my 2 mobiles to Telstra but the same situation: one dot in the coverage bar, calls dropping all the time. I tried wifi-calling, that is better but not 100% reliable especially when I talk with my clients overseas. Since I work from home, the mobile coverage is vital for me (I have an iphone). Not too sure about iphone signal boosters (are they legal?) so I didnt acquire any. Can anyone please offer any solutions - I am desperate and it is very frustrating for me and my clients? Much appreciated.

Re: applecross bad 4g network coverage

JordanOptus

Doesn't sound ideal at all, sorry @dorios Smiley Sad We're always working to improve coverage and get rid of black spots. Was this only happening in your house or are the neighbours experiencing the same kind of issues? It can be tricky to find out exactly what's causing a black spot but generally speaking it tends to be either what the house is built out of or something obstructing the signal from reaching you.

dorios

It is for the most part of the street. Even when I go out in the garden we still have 1 dot.

In the field test mode I get  -117db.

Optus told me that they have no solution to this and no work in planned in the area. I really dont know what else I can do.

JordanOptus

Ah right Smiley Sad So your neighbours are having the same sort of issues? If they are it could honestly just come down to the geographical location of the street :/

Highlighted

Lisa234

It is now mid 2019 and I live on the other side of Applecross and the Optus coverage is appalling. Routinely no service at all in our single story house. One bar if we stand outside. Phone doesn’t even ring sometimes. Calls drop out and break up. It is an issue for this whole street too. Clearly is an issue for large areas of this suburb.  Very frustrating.  We simply can’t use our mobiles for making calls at home. 

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can assist with here on the forum.

Have you tried entering your device and specific information into the coverage map?  
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu to discuss your options.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos