Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Contributor
Contributor

Re: adding an extra router to Sagemcom 5366TN as guest network

Firmware was updated recently.
1) Ive tested wifi communication within the unit and its intermittent to non-existent both ways & both networks (that's why a cable had to be run into the tenant unit or theres no to be no internet to the tenant). The only reason theres a wifi modem/router in there is to give them wifi throughout the unit.

2) Thats what I'm wanting to do is control security and network isolation from my end not the tenants. Doesn't matter if tenants modem is reset by unknown 3rd party, (They take their laptop & mob to work with them every day).

As you can see from the dramas, having a guest network in any of the sagemcom's would have got around this problem in 2 seconds, but whichever way to address this issue now, means having something else connected to the Sagemcom 5366TN whether its a V-Lan router or another modem with a guest network feature (which means more $$$, more time fkn around trying to set it up)

Oh by the way my other router modem (in loungeroom used in my network for the videos, TV, TV Box etc) is a D-Link DIR-868L. Only just realised It has guest network & many of the bells & whistles needed.
Worst case scenario might have to connect this to the sagemcrap5366TN and use another modem for the loungeroom. Hopefully I wont have to!

Just did a temp. setup (including ethernet cable) & just tested out the tenant cg3000 wan (192.168.1.1) to my master 5366tn lan2 (192.168.0.1) and the connection is working so far (surfing & downloading).
Ive organised with the tenant over the weekend to try out on their laptop to see if the 2 ip's (& our networks) are isolated from each other.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

forgot to add ... Ill be doing the "isolation network testing" with the tenant's "mac" laptop.
I've never used/dealt with a "mac" before.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Handy Wi-Fi tip for MAC - after you have connected to the target SSID, if you press the Option Key and hold it down whilst you select the Wi-Fi icon in the top of screen menu bar, it will reveal the status of the 'Wi-Fi Adapter to Modem' link giving you very worth while connectivity information.