Searching...

ZTE MF920V Portable Modem Slow Internet Speeds

Tim-Tim89

Hey guys, 

I've had my portable wifi modem for about 2 months now, and at first it was great, fast and reliable. 

Now im getting very slow internet speeds. 

Havent changed location or added any more devices. 

Anyone else have this issue?

Re: ZTE MF920V Portable Modem Slow Internet Speeds

Brock_E

Thanks for flagging this with us, @Tim-Tim89

I'm really sorry to hear about your recent difficulties with your modem Smiley Sad Have you logged your fault with our Tech Support team here or by calling 131344? If so, please send us any fault reference or PR numbers that you've been issued via PM so that we can provide further insight.

SHsyd

Has there been any fix for this - exactly the same issue - sim modem is very slow compared to what it should be - initially receiving 50mb on the speed tests and now its 15mb, though my mobile phone on optus is showing 100mb+ this morning. Needing to solve this asap as we use it to share data between 4 people and the Optus store had no fix at all except to swap the sim card which didnt work.

Aman_B

Hi @SHsydThis isn't really what we like to hear & I'm sorry this is the case. Could you please confirm if the speeds are slow just during specific times or throughout? Have the speeds slowed down recently only? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SHsyd

The internet has been very slow and inconsistent since early Jan onwards but only using this simple modem and when tethering off the phone. Considering it's 4g it's very subpar

Dan_C

Hmm, do you have anyway of checking which frequency band the device is connecting to? The device should lock onto the closest least congested tower.

Optus has 5 frequency bands in operation:

2100Mhz

700Mhz

2300Mhz

1800Mhz

2600Mhz

Do speeds differ from location to location or are the results consistent?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos