Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Yes Optus = No Sanity

MsNic

If Optus continue telling me lie after lie, seriously, I’m going to lose it completely. Long story very, very short, but a few months ago  my landline inexplicably stopped working then in a show of solidarity my broadband slowed down to all but useless speeds. Turns out accounts  aren’t in the union, coz Optus meptmon sending bills irrespective of them providing a near total lack of services. After far too many hours on the phone (and god knows how many years off my life) being transferred from one dazed and confused not to mention utterly useless and quite often just rude customer service rep to another, each with their own conflicting and unlikely explanation as to the cause or the solution, all I’m clear about is there’s a problem for Optus customers in my area (tho oddly it’s not indicated anywhere on their coverage map) and it’s not worth the trouble so they’re not going to fix it (their words, I know right!) As(some) compensation they send me a mobile data dongle - without hardly any data. When I call to tell them I need some more data the call takes one and a half hoursNd at then end I’m told it’s now got 25 gigs - that was over three hours ago and there’s still zip. I wasted the entire night AGAIN trying to fix Optus’s pathetic excuse of a service. It’s a good thing for them the whole industry’s a dogs dinner right now otherwise half their customers would be GONE...... but the smoke will clear one I these days so Optus, you need to look at how you treat people

Re: Yes Optus = No Sanity

MsNic

It’s now 5am and I’ve just finished a 20 minute call to Optus following up why I have no data. I was transferred twice and had to explain the whole thing again each time. Person #3 patiently explained that the person who told me they had recharged the data on the dongle 3 + hours ago had made a note of this, however ATM nobody has the authority to follow up why it’s not happened and I have to call back at 9am. 

FFS OPTUS, I MIGHT HAVE LOST THE WILL TO LIVE BY 9AM! I JUST WANT TO WATCH A BIT OF TELLY. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO %£#ING ASK THE COUNTRY’S SECOND BIGGEST TELCO??!?

MsNic

Ok, it’s the next day.

My fixed broadband still thinks it’s a tortoise who’s overdozed on Valium. 

My landline is still dead as a dodo 

The promise of some compensatory data is still only a dream

So I call Optus. They put me on hold for about15 minutes, then they DISCONNECTED MY CALL 😡😡😡😡

ATM I’m 10 mins into call #2. I’m on hold. Fingers crossed. 

Solution

Ray_YC

No update since, hopefully this means everything was resolved?

If not, this is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please chat with us.
If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos