cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nard_YC

Re: Xiaomi Mi 10 MMS/APN settings

Hi there @daniso. Thanks for posting on Yes Crowd. 

Can I ask where you obtained you Xiami Mi 10T Lite from? Was it from overseas?Did you check if supported Australian Bands/Frequencies?

If the SIM works in other handsets, then that rules out an issue with the SIM and the problem most likely lies within the handset itself. 

To make sure we've checked everything on our end is set up correctly for your service, I recommend sending a PM to our official Facebook page or Twitter page so the team can have this investigated further as they'll be able to access your account and service settings.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

daniso
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks @Nard_YC Some further info below. 

The was purchased in Australia (becextech.com.au), and supports the bands copied below, so which I believe is what Optus uses. 

I've tested a Circles.Life simcard in the phone, which was fine.  Circles.Life uses the Optus network, so I don't think its an issue with the phone itself.  I'll test with another Optus sim later on. 

When I put the Optus simcard in, the notification bar shows the 4G LTE symbol, so I think it is 'connected'.  However, I get taken to this webpage (https://www.optus.com.au/notices/invalid-sim). So it seems (to me) that the issue is that Optus isn't letting it use the network (and not that the phone itself can't connect to the network - otherwise how could that page load?).  

I have contacted Xiaomi - will update when I hear from then.  

Thanks,

Frequency bands:

2G: GSM B2/B3/B5/B8

3G: WCDMA: B1/B2/B4/B5/B8

4G: LTE FDD: B1/B2/B3/B4/B5/B7/B8/B20

LTE TDD: B38/B40/B41

5G: Sub6G: n1/n3/n5/n7/n8/n20/n28/n38/n41/n77/n78

0 Kudos
Nard_YC

Thanks for that information @daniso

Those bands look to be supported by us so that shouldn't be an issue. 

No worries, keep us posted on how things go with Xiaomi support. If you're still not getting the answers or getting any closer to a resolution, feel free to reach out to the teams above so they can have this investigated further. 🙂 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Had a recent update to 12.2.5 yesterday. Still no go with MMS over mobile data, what a frustrating experience! Will keep fiddling and trying but hopefully 12.5 can fix it up.

Did Xiaomi AU test the mi 10 pro do you know GOTBLZ?
0 Kudos
Wouter
New Contributor
New Contributor

The same issue exists with all Poco F2 users on Optus, including myself, unable to send/receive MMS.

I have just updated to MIUI 12.2.5 to test, issue not resolved.

0 Kudos
zajjy55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello everyone, 

I have the Black Shark 3 and am having the same problem unable to send or receive MMS since i got the phone some 7 months ago.

I Just got the latest update TO

KLEN2102020S00MP4 SECUIRYT PATCH TO 01 12 2020 JOYUI 11 21.02.02

Still MMS on Optus NOT working

This problem seems to be on too many Xiaomi, MI, Poco and Black Shark 3 devices, I cant believe it cant be fixed!!!!  WTF!!!

This will probably be my last Xiaomi Phone, just not worth the effort and all the issues, will go back to Samsung or Nokia Motorola!!! 

Any help will be muchly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @zajjy55, if you are having MMS issue then first check the MMS settings on your phone. You can refer to our MMS → settings page for more info. If the settings looks fine then we will need to check the MMS provisioning on your service.

However since this is a public forum we can`t access customers account details here. As such your best to speak with our Technical Support team via the → messaging service to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
zajjy55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Good Morning Martika, 

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have been playing with the settings for the past 7 months to no avail. I have used two other phones and Telstra and Vodaphone the phone works perfectly sending and receiving MMS however on OPtus Nada!!!  I joined this discussion as i believe like everybody else here its a Softeare rpblem with Xiaomi/Miui software. As i am an Optus One customer i will ring them to be sure to be sure.

Peter 

0 Kudos
zajjy55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hello everyone!!!

I am up and running, finally got MMS working beautifylly.

Spoke to the Optus Onand e team member referred me to  a Dennis in Technical who fixed the issue. I asked how he advise he had to turn off MMS on my account then turn it back on, reset my phone and the WOLLA!!!  up and running 

Thank you so much Dennis.

Peter

Serena_YC

Hi @zajjy55

Thanks for keeping us posted! Glad to hear that the MMS issue has been resolved for you. 🙂 

If there is anything else we can lend a hand with, feel free to give us a shout here at any time. 

Top Contributors