Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Xiaomi Mi 10 MMS/APN settings

Hey guys, i'm discussing this issue with Xiaomi currently, just out of interest where did you purchase your devices from, or what software version are they running (can be checked in about phone, in settings app)

0 Kudos
zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got mine from Allphones. Currently running MIUI 12.2.1. I am able to get some MMS when on wifi now, not sure if a software update changed that or not, but at least i can get some mms now

0 Kudos
arunkareer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I got this phone from India, Indian version with dual SIM. I noticed the bands differ between global version & Indian version.

It seems Optus MMS band doesn't support the Indian version atleast. That frequency band is not in the phone.
0 Kudos
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the super fast response,

Cool that verifies that its more an issue with Xiaomi's latest firmware releases and not just limited to China/Global devices.

I'll keep you posted on the progress I make in resolving this issue.

-EDIT-

I think the Indian firmware should be fine, as @zanzaid proved it's also an issue related to devices of Australian variant, as AllPhones are a registered supplier of Xiaomi Australia, so they're devices are the Australian variant.

0 Kudos
arunkareer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

If you see the link below, it clearly shows Mi 10 Indian version doesn't have Band B28 and won't work with Optus. I'm assuming Optus MMS Band is B28. I could be wrong though.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/AU/xiaomi-mi-10

But if this isn't working with global version, then that could be a different issue.

I'm on MIUI 12.2.2 IN
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hey @arunkareer, our MMS settings can be found below: 

• Name: Optus MMS
  • Home Page/MMSC: http://mmsc.optus.com.au:8002/
  • APN: MMS
  • Primary/MMS Proxy: 61.88.190.10
  • Port: 8070
  • MCC: 505
  • MNC: 02
  • Auth Type: PAP
  • APN Type: mms
  • MMS Protocol (for Android): WAP 2.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Doesn't work for this phone, something else is wrong. Have tried and tried many times. Optus tech support blame the phone but other carriers have no problem, so it's just something different with Optus and this phone
arunkareer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Yes, I believe we all have tried with all these settings & configuration. It does work with Mi 10 & Optus. Works with other Carriers but not with Optus or MVNOs of Optus bands.

0 Kudos
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Tina_YC The screenshots in @zanzaid's first post showed the correct settings, so it's not an incorrect MMS configuration. 

@zanzaid I can confirm its a device issue, it seems to be plaguing the 2020 Xiaomi devices. I've tried many of different things with no luck (flashing Lineage ROM and the only software it uses of Xiaomi's is the vendor firmware config, and MMS's still didn't work which makes me believe it's with their vendor software) I am still back and forth with Xiaomi Australia, hoping they can prioritize the issue with Xiaomi development in China.

@arunkareer Where are you checking? https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/IN/xiaomi-mi-10 lists B8 on the Indian variant as working. Network configs don't vary between countries software within firmware, think of this scenario. 

Xiaomi have nothing to gain by disabling frequencies in certain countries, it wouldn't be good business for Xiaomi if someone (living in India but looking to maybe move to Australia) were interested in their device and saw that it didn't support Australian networks.

So hang tight, once this issue is resolved with Xiaomi, I will let everyone know, and I can guarantee your device will work just the same as any other Mi 10.

zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for looking into it all! Definitely a bit frustrating but at least i can get low quality mms on wifi for now at least.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors