Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Xiaomi Mi 10 MMS/APN settings

Hey all,

OK after some more back and forth e-mails with Xiaomi Australia and getting them to test 2020 devices, they were able to reproduce the issue and send the logs onto Xiaomi devs. I haven't had any responses back from them about the issue being fixed, but I can happily say upon updating to the newest MIUI Update released by Xiaomi last week. The issue is resolved. I am able to send and receive MMS messages without any issues. So update your Xiaomi MIUI software to the latest version and give it a go. Let me know if you run into any issues and i'll try and provide help best I can.

0 Kudos
zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Great Update!

I've just given it a test with no change, still fine on wifi but no go on 4g/5g. What MIUI version are you running? Maybe i'm still behind, though no new updates for me to get, I'm on 12.2.1.

0 Kudos
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sorry for late reply, was in the process of re-installing everything on my rooted phone lol.

What device are you using? I'll see if I can find you the latest firmware also, is your device rooted?

https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/umi/stable/V12.2.4.0.RJBEUXM/

I have found the EEA firmware variant of ROM on 12.2.4.0, you can download that zip and possibly flash it with the Xiaomi flash tool if your bootloader isn't unlocked. https://xiaomiflashtool.com/tutorial/use-xiaomi-flash-tool
0 Kudos
zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I'm on the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Global ROM, not rooted. By the looks of that link, the latest firmware is what i have. Guess i'll just wait for the next update, but sounds pretty promising!

0 Kudos
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am on the Global ROM (12.0.8.0)too, and I flashed the firmware file of the EEA ROM (12.0.18.0) with no issues, it doesn't change any of Androids configuration, it only modifies the hardware configuration which is loaded on boot.

Nevermind that idea, I looked into it, and you'd have to unlock your device (including factory reset) in order to flash the firmware file I sent you...

Hopefully it's not too long before they release firmware for the Global variant...
0 Kudos
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@arunkareer if you're running the Indian variant of MIUI, I see there was an update released on the 9/01/2021 which may include the fix.

Feel free to update your MIUI Software and test it out.

arunkareer
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @GOTBLZ ,

This is just brilliant. If you hadn't mentioned me here on the forum, I wouldn't get the email/notification, and therefore wouldn't even think of checking this function out.

I did update the phone earlier this month when the update notification came but never bothered to check if MMS issue has been rectified or not?

To my astonishment today, after seeing your message, I just checked out MMS functionality on this brilliant phone, which was lacking ever since I bought it.

I am very delighted to say that I was successfully able to send and receive a MMS which made me so so happy. Now I don't have to tell my friends & colleagues that I don't have MMS enabled phone which was quite embarrassing after spending $1k on a latest smartphone. I don't think there is any other problem with this device anymore (just waiting for call recording function to be re-enabled now 😜, which was there with all other MI phones before 2020). 

I will do more testing on sending audio & video files, as I just tested this with Image files.

Just like to Add/Highlight:

I'm on an Indian Variant (dual SIM version) of Mi 10, updated to MIUI Global IN 12.2.5.0 RJBINXM.

The official page of MIUI Download of this device shows old version with different naming starts with QJB V12.0.1.0.QJBIDXM (MIUI12) on https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?device=number hidden379  

Whereas, another website: https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/archive/miui/umi/  shows something else and mentions this version as Stable Beta with RJB which I am on it currently.

Mi 10 IndiaStable BetaRecoveryV12.2.5.0.RJBINXM11.03.1 GB2021-01-09Download

At the end, I just like to say I hoped & moved from various Mobile networks (Amaysim, Optus, MooseMobile) to test this, all of which are on Optus network, but none worked earlier.

Thanks so much @GOTBLZ  for doing this and checking/testing with Xiaomi Australia for all of us who had this phone and are on Optus networks. Couldn't be more happy as you just made my day today. 🤗

Have a great weekend & upcoming Australia Day.

@arunkareer

0 Kudos
GOTBLZ
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The official site's firmware is Android 10 running MIUI version 12, the firmware you're running is a Beta release of Android 11 running MIUI version 12.5, which is in its testing phase, that's the reason for the build number difference.

Trust me, I did enough testing sending and receiving MMS messages to save you the time, I can guarantee it works. I think I've sent like 60 messages... lol.

I didn't do anything special but thanks for the praise, I simply knew whose problem it was and who could fix it, it was just a matter of getting them to realise it... but we got there in the end.

All the best, enjoy your phone.
zanzaid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep looks like i'll have to wait for the next global release! Not too fussed but would hope there will be one before the MIUI 12.5 update looking to be in April...

0 Kudos
daniso
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have just bought a Mi 10T Lite, and seem to have a related issue. 

I can call and SMS, but cannot use data. I get a message that the sim is in the wrong type of device. 

It does seem that a) other sims (from other networks) work on this phone, and b) the sim itself works on other phones (including xiaomi Mi 9T).  

Optus support assure me that it is an issue with the phone, not their network.  

I am on V12.0.7.0

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on this.  The APN setting seem correct. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors