cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor DaveBron
New Contributor

World Cup streaming issues

What is going on, we are paying for a service and it is unwatchable in live stream - when is it going to be fixed and how are you going to compensate us for this awful service

3 Replies
Contributor ajk73
Contributor

Re: World Cup streaming issues

Who else had issues with streaming of the World Cup last night?

This whole issue has come about because our current Liberal Governments Minister for Communications took the World Cup off the "Anti Siphoning List" meaning it is not protected to be shown entirely free to air like it was up until this year.  That is a disgrace for such a cultural World Event .   I brought issues with broadcasting to Optus's attention some weeks ago but no one knew what I was talking about when I warned there will be many people unhappy.  Basically Optus didn't care.  I have lodged complaints to the ACCC and the Ombudsmen for Telecommunications and I plead as many people as possible to also do so if you are not 100% satisfied with the broadcasting ie. drop outs occuring.   The more people that do so the more likely it will be that the World Cup will go back on the anti siphoning list so SBS will be able to broadcast it entirely again free to air in the future.    

New Contributor DaveBron
New Contributor

Thank you - wrote to ACCC -and have a case number.

Heard people were offered free Fetch boxes as compensation but I never got that offer - is that true ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor ajk73
Contributor

Yes you can get a Fetch Box mini at an Optus Store.  If they have run out ask them to get one in for you ASAP.  At this stage only the Group matches are covered by SBS (pretty much guaranteed quality viewing UNLIKE Optus with their streaming issues which may still not be resolved come Knock out stgae of tournament.)

The root of this problem has come about because MITCH FIFIELD (MINISTER FOR COMMUNICATIONS) ALTERED THE ANTI SIPHONING LIST (LEGISLATION FOR WHAT MUST BE BROADCAST FREE TO AIR).       IF YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THE WORLD CUP AND WOULD LIKE TO SEE GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL BE FREE TO AIR ON TECHNOLOGY THAT WORKS PLEASE DO CONTACT  MR FIFIELD'S OFFICE   (02) 6277 7480

Encourage as many football fans as possible to do this so hopefully Mr Fifield and the Liberal party will put the entire World Cup back on the Anti Siphoning list and fund SBS adequately to be able to broadcast the CUP.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors