Searching...

Wifi constantly dropping out

optusdoesntwork

September 2016 wifi still dropping out in March 2017.  Optus has visited our street, my premises copious amount of times gets a little better and goes haywire again.  This is a constant disruption in our household.  Paying top dollar for a contract service that doesnt meet the standards.  Anyone else have any suggestions has to overcome this issue? I have escalated 7 times.

Re: Wifi constantly dropping out

SamSam

So to be clear, is it just the WiFi you're having a problem with or is your internet service dropping out? Do you have anything plugged into the modem that maintains the connection when devices connected via WiFi drop out?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

optusdoesntwork

My internet connection would stall 10-20 times a day.  It was ridiculous.  Especially when we were streaming netflix.

The internet connection seems a little better but it is the Wifi that is the issue.  Constantly dropping out have taken their suggestions to buy a wifi extender - done, move the modem downstairs - done, nothing works.  Call Optus and they say you are using a lot of data so we dont see a problem.  Are there better providers?  Clearly Optus is not meeting the standards of the contract.

SamSam

If it's just the WiFi, it's not so much a provider problem then a modem problem. I know Optus probably supplied you a modem but you can replace it with a better one and improve your WiFi. It could also be out of their control if there's interference around you from neighbours etc

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

optusdoesntwork

Optus replaced modem 3 times.  This was escalated to the Ombudsman as Optus were not honouring their contract or service requirements.  It is not true that there is nothing a provider can do about wifi connection.  It is their modem, they have supplied it to the customer, there was no interference for 18 years and then all of the sudden when you sold your lines to NBN was their failure.  It is a disgrace and was escalated to the Ombudsman they are dealing with it.  Are there any other providers we can opt for?  Optus has given us so much grief and not to mention, you can not speak to a person who is in Australia or speaks the proper English language.

Scott_M

Hi @optusdoesntwork, sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. Have the TIO accepted your case, if so they'll send a referral through to Customer Relations who'll take it from there. Do you have a Tech Support case ref# at all? 

Kayla27

Since moving to the nbn with the highest package available from our previous internet connection the internet keeps dropping out and is super slow. Having many devices connected to the Optus modem such as printer, television, computers and phones it seems that it can't keep up like the old could. I'v tried resetting the internet but it hasn't changed anything and it's been quite irritating with the internet disconnecting every couple of minutes. is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Highlighted

Gen_R

Hey Kayla27 - would recommend touching base with Tech Support on 131344. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Suzie63

Having this issue also since connecting nbn. It is really annoying as our home phone also drops out mid call. Hoping that tech support is helpful. The miriad of options press 1 for this 3 for that is very confusing. Hopefully i am in the right cue ( listening to on hold music) and it does not take hours.

PhilC

Hi @Suzie63 sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with your NBN service. Were you able to speak with tech support in the end and if so have you been supplied with any fault reference or PR numbers we can provide an update on?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos