Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
nstylin777
New Contributor
New Contributor

WiFi Calling Support for Galaxy S20

Can anyone confirm if WiFi calling is supported on the Samsung Galaxy S20+? I previously had the S8+ and this worked fine but cannot get it working on my S20+.

I also see its not listed on the Optus KB but don't know if this article is maintained or up to date with latest phone models - https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=20033&_ga=2.266798093.*****.*****-298520918.*****...

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: WiFi Calling Support for Galaxy S20

Hey there @nstylin777. Was your S20 + purchased from Optus? or was it purchased separately? as your WIFI calling my not work if it isn't the device purchased directly from Optus. 

Also, your voLTE settings may not be configured. So I recommend getting in touch with our teams on Facebook and Twitter as they can help to see if this needs to be configured for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

nstylin777
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Kyri_YC - phone purchased directly from Optus. I have no option on the phone to enable VoLTE under Mobile Networks and I'm running latest OS version update and shows WiFI calling is enabled.

Screenshot_20210225-095726_Call settings.jpgScreenshot_20210225-095823_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20210225-095937_Wi-Fi Calling.jpg

Kyri_YC

No worries @nstylin777. If that is the case, you will need to look at having your VoLTE switched on the backend of your account.

So if you get in touch with our teams on Facebook and Twitter, they can help get this configured for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

nstylin777
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Kyri_YC - This has been resolved and it turns out it was nothing to do with the handset but something wrong with the backend data services enabled on the account - even though VoLTE was confirmed to be enabled multiple times on the account, after attending an Optus Shop they basically removed all data services from the account -> Saved -> waited for phone to drop data coverage -> re-add data services to the account and VOILA!

VoLTE started to work and when I got home Wifi Calling worked immediately and I see the respective icon in system tray and evidence of use in call log.

Screenshot_20210226-091923_Phone.jpg 

Tuong_YC

Really great to see that things are up and running for Wi-Fi calling @nstylin777. As this is a public forum, we are unable to access the details of your service or discuss your account on this channel. However we are more than happy to do so via one of our secure channels for any other enquiries you may have.

Our Support teams are available via the social media platforms mentioned above as well as 24/7 via the Optus App

Hope you enjoy your WiFi calling 🙂