Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why is my wifi suddenly so slow?

My wifi has basically come to a grinding halt Iv tried turning it off and back on, pressing every button and moving it but nothing helped I haven't even used 10% of my data for the month. It started slowing down when nbn started being put in my erea is that a coincidence or the cause? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Why is my wifi suddenly so slow?

Hey Ekaj - if you're noticing the speed drop at certain times of day then it may be best to touch base with Tech Support on 131344 to see what's going on.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Our ADSL is so crappy, it won't even run FETCH TV. When you ring the illustrious off shore service center, they tell you there is nothing wrong. Go figure. Does anyone have similar issues??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Only since June last year and guess what still having trouble. They do nothing to fix it. Apparently my area is getting new wiring that will fix congestion speeds in my area but when i ask tech support if there is any congestion they say no there isn't. Did another test (probably my century landmark test) got a speed so slow (1.12 mb). Took a laptop direct to the modem and speed was 74mb. How can it drop so much? I can;t watch the footy on a friday night on foxtel play without it buffering every 15 seconds. luckily im a epl fan and all my games are on well after peak times. It still isn't good enough.

0 Kudos