Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why is my phone on SOS only?

For the second morning in two days, my phone has suddenly gone to SOS only and I can't use it - I have turned it on and off, taken the sim card out, tested it in another phone, and reset my network settings. Still on SOS only. Help!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Why is my phone on SOS only?

Hey Twssh,

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Enter your location and tick the Mobile outages box. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No known outages.

Network status says:

"PLANNED WORK

Last update: 07/04/2020 15:45:23 

Services Affected: Internet and Email

Scheduled between: 30-03-2020 and 09-04-2020

We’re upgrading your nearest mobile tower soon with more capacity to make sure we continue to give you the best Optus experience. While we’re working on it, there may be some service interruptions but we’ll try to keep this these to a minimum. Thanks for being patient with us."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That may be the contributing factor. Anybody else in the household using the same network experiencing the same issue? Are you able to try your SIM in another phone?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes, I have tried my sim in another phone mutiple times, it's the same issue. My partner is experiencing some issues too. When I walk around my area I am still getting no more than two bars.

Inside is max one bar and intermittent SOS only.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Sorry you did originally mention you tried it in another phone. Okay all signs point to a network issue then., likely due to the planned work on the tower.

0 Kudos