cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor strangewhine
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why has Optus taken over 8 days to port and activate my service?

Update on my situation (I am not the OP). My service was not activated after a week. I went on the web chat system four times during this period and every time the consultant told me that it would be activated within 4 hours. Obviously nothing happened. On Saturday I went to an Optus store (Box Hill) and explained what was happening. The staff sat me on a chair, handed me a phone and stuck me on hold to the optus customer service line so I could solve the problem myself (?) while the staff were occupied selling phones to other people. They did not even explain to the person on the phone what was my problem, basically just tossed the phone at me and went off to do other things. Initially the customer service line transferred me to the prepaid activation line (it was postpaid). After another lengthy period of getting through to the right people, they said I would have to call back on Monday. I explained that I don't have an active phone to do this and amazingly, the consultant tried "manually activating" my service which worked. My problem is solved, but why didn't any of the 4-7 staff I communicated with attempt to do this? If they couldn't do it, why didn't they escalate it to someone who could? Why did no one from Optus proactively try to contact me and follow up if any of these 4 attempts to fix my problem were successful? I'm happy my situation is resolved, but I am somewhat annoyed by how this has played out. If a service is meant to be activated automatically after 24 hours regardless, why isn't it flagged for further attention if it isn't done? Like the author of this thread, I'm just amazed that the onus on all this is the customer! I mean, what happened Optus?
Occasional Contributor BeresD
Occasional Contributor

@strangewhine I am glad you were finally able to get someone to help you. Likewise I tried visiting an Optus store in the early days of trying to get this resolved. I was told "we can't help because this is an online order" and they just put me on the phone with customer support, who were just as hopeless as every other time I have spoken to them. It absolutely seems like something that could be easily solved. It absolutely feels like something somebody should be following up on until it is resolved.

Now at 15 days and no indication at all of a solution. Totally appaling customer service.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Hey @BeresD - we've responded to your PM. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

To provide an update: 21 days and still nothing. Nobody - online chat agents, the moderators here, or the "Customer Service Executive" have been able to rectify the situation. All I have received from Optus is over 3 weeks of not being able to access my number (which I have had for 15 years) and a whole load of wasted time. It seems like this is due to being on the "Jarvis" system which nobody at Optus seems to have any comprehension of. I hope this is seen as a warning for those considering coming over to Optus.

Moderator Aman_B

Really sorry for the delay in getting this sorted @BeresD . Could you please PM me Here your details and I can chase this for you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B I already PMed @Shauna and they were unable to help me. The "Customer Service Executive" I am in touch with has been unable to help me. I don't think anyone at Optus actually knows what is going on or has any ability to help me because I have been without service now for twenty-five days

Moderator Aman_B

Let me check this @BeresD. Please PM me Here and I'll look into this. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor arkins
New Contributor

@BeresD, have your case sorted out? I am on the same boat, desperate to get help from someone managed to work this out.

I lost my service since 17th Oct.

0 Kudos
New Contributor ACM
New Contributor

I found "Live Chat" to be always Offline. I used to be a Virgin customer and I found their Chat support much much better than Optus (usually available or no need to wait very long if "busy"). Now I'm stuck with Optus for the next 2 years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor MstrMT
Occasional Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I feel your frustration.

0 Kudos