Searching...

Re: Why am i not surprised?

Marie

Hey John, I can see that Aman has responded to your PM about this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Johnt_2017

Hi Marie,

His reply was:

"Hi @Johnt_2017, the external antenna can help with the coverage but this is not something that can confirm congestion.  I'd recommend checking your speeds without the antenna to confirm your actual speeds. "

I appreciate his reply, but it doesn't address anything i asked and completely misses the point. I am dealing with network congestion and Optus, for some reason, keep talking about coverage. I am in the coverage areas and have a good signal with an external antenna. I know an antenna cannot confirm congestion and never suggested it could. What does confirm congestion is the signal dropping from 25mb/s to 1.5mb/s every day during peak times.

What would also confirm congestion is Optus looking at the bandwidth stats for the tower at peak times and seeing if it is being maxed out.

Regards

John

Marie

Thanks John Smiley Happy 

It's not something we are able to see here we can see the service you should be getting and if there is something affecting the signal getting to your house but peak time slows isn't something we can view.

As Aman had mentioned our Tech team can follow this up.

If you'd like to send through a PM with your best contact number I can raise this with our Case Management team and have them follow up with you.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Johnt_2017

Hi Marie,

If the techs can't tell whether a tower is congested or not then why did one respond to my original question asking whether the cell tower was congested ?

Also, i have spoken with tech support and spent over an hour trying to get them to understand what congestion was. I will PM my contact number but i need someone who can view the bandwith at the cell tower to determine whether it is getting maxed out.

Also you should be able to get this information through historical graphs rather than having to speak with a tech at the time. Optus will have historical network traffic reports for the cell tower.

Regards

John

petergdownload

@Johnt_2017

FWIW you should probably apply presidential communication ettiquette to PMs. Don't forum quote PMs unless absolutely necessary.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Johnt_2017

@petergdownload

Hi Peter,

Agreed, that's why i selected a pretty innocent PM, but point taken.

John

Marie

I've responded to your PM John,

We are here to help and get the right people to find the information you've asked.

As mentioned I've referred this to our Case Management team who certainly should have access to the level of information you're requesting.

Johnt_2017

Hi @Marie,

Please can you respond to my PM when you get chance or have a colleague respond on your behalf if you are not able to.

Regards

John

Highlighted

Aman_B

Hi @Johnt_2017, apologies for the delay. We'll reply to your PM.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
12 Kudos
10 Kudos