cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

BobGo
New Contributor
New Contributor

Which 4G LTE router supports FDD+TDD hybrid carrier aggregation?

"Aggregating 1x FDD and 2x TDD carriers on a commercial network with a commercial device is a world first for Optus. It is a more efficient use of our spectrum bands, and will provide a more consistent and better experience for our customers," said Dennis Wong, acting managing director of Optus Networks

Optus reached 4G download speeds of 480 Mbps in a test using carrier ... aggregation using 3 LTE TDD channels and 1 LTE FDD channel.

Just curious which 4G LTE router supports this kind of mixed carrier aggregation?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
GTFO
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Which 4G LTE router supports FDD+TDD hybrid carrier aggregation?

Well that article you have quoted that from is from 2015 so things have progressed.

Most high end phones support this, in regards to a router - Pretty sure the Huawei 525 should do 1800FDD + 2300TDD, though I have the older E5186 and it will only do 2 x 2300TDD at once and not a combination.

My Netgear 800s wifi router will do 2x2300TDD & either 700 or 1800FDD

My Note 8 will do 5 different bands at once if it can get them.

Top Contributors