Searching...
Accepted Solution

When the installation technician doesn't show up on the scheduled date ..

pborg

I recieved the confirmation email - 9th October between 1:00pm and 5:00pm.

The technician never showed - nor did I recieve an email/phone call etc.

Whats the recommended process here?

Stay on hold for 1 hour +
Just wait ...

There doesn't apepar to be any ANY assistance method for this ...

Re: When the installation technician doesn't show up on the scheduled date ..

[ Edited ]
pborg

I answered my own question. 

1) Call the General Optus Enquiries line - hop through the mind-numbing automated call routing (5 numbers in total)
2) Have them call you back an hour later - cause who wants to wait 30+ minutes (I'm not sure why my bill can't be due to 30+ days)

3) After numerous disingenuous apologies and blaming other parties (NBN Co), re-schedule your appointment for another 2 weeks later.

(I could go on but I'm boring myself)

Great service Optus! Awesome that I had to call you to find out why the technician didn't appear. I also have my mobile service with you - or didn't you know .... you're on fire .. Smiley Mad

Steph_C

Really sorry for the poor connection experience - completely understand how frustrating this would be! To clarify -  are you now waiting for that rescheduled appointment? If so, please keep us posted with how you get on and whether you need a hand with anything in future.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

pborg

Thanks for the response Stephen. 

I have rescheduled the appointment for another 2 weeks.  

I read the news and talk to friends about poor experience "in general" with NBN - some of which is not Optus' fault at all, however, had I been treated like a human and called prior to the appointment to explain there's a complication and we need to reschedule, I probably would be praising rather than criticising. Optus customers really deserve better. 

I haven't even got to the point yet of having a poor connection speed to complain about ...  

Paul. 

Steph_C

Totally get why you'd want that - apologies again for the lack of communication, do let us know how the appointment goes and if you need assistance with the speed afterwards, we're more than happy to help. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Solution

pborg

(and apologies for the autocorrect Stephen, Steph Smiley Happy )

Highlighted

Steph_C

Hahah - you'd be surprised how often that happens Smiley Tongue 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
8 Kudos