Searching...
Highlighted

What measures optus have taken to enhance indoor coverage?

keungt

Since I am living in eastern suburb of Sydney, having a hardship to make a phone call inside my room. 

Re: What measures optus have taken to enhance indoor coverage?

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

I'm hesitant to mention wifi calling. Its perfect for what you want but something suggests Optus may have cancelled it last year - could be wrong. Anyway look here.

Alternatively you can get a couple of prepaid cheap SIMs for other carriers and test them out for reception in your home. They may have a better placed tower for your needs.

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

@petergdownload WiFi Calling is built into many handsets natively.

WiFi Calling via an app was discontinued by Optus last year

Cant break the laws of physics yet, numerous building materials either block or greatly diminish the frequencies that mobiles use.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

petergdownload

"Can't break the laws of physics yet" - Once the 5G NBN arrives we will have succeeded. Smiley Happy

Peter Gillespie

Paddylee

Further along technologies will help - e.g. beam forming and where you get networks that work out how to bounce signals off other objects and so forth.

Optus does use Band 28 which is pretty good for getting inside most buildings, though in order ot use 4g for calling you need a VOLTE compatible handset.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

keungt

I don’t think band 28 works well in my place,mate. 

I got bad calling quality when I was in my room making a mobile call, which is an iPhone supported FDDLTE band 28.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
26 Kudos
19 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos
8 Kudos