cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Weebly websites

Hi there,

Dan is on leave for a couple of weeks and it looks like his question to Networks hasn't been answered yet, just touching base if you're still having issues accessing websites?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Ray - mine seems to be Ok at the moment 🙂
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Our website has magically begun to work again since a few days ago.

One phone call from Optus to ask if I'd had a reply from network team (hidden), which I have not. No knowledge of why it might be working all of a sudden. No contact from TIO Complaints manager either.

Great it's working again, but the answers are still non-existent. I still have zero confidence that Optus can avoid this happening again, pretty peeved.

The operator actually had no new information for me, so I said stop wasting my bloody time and call me when you have something to tell me. Why the hell is he asking me whether I've had a reply from the network team. Check your self for Pete's sake!

Really getting not putting the 'Communications' in to 'Telecommunications' Optus.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I read through all the replies and much of it is gobbledygook! So, I am sharing this information based on my personal experience and hopefully, may help others who have experienced the same. Also, an opportunity to remind Optus that they should have fixed this problem.

I operate three website on a full subscription at WEEBLY.COM. Until two weeks ago, I could open all three websites on ANY browser (safari, chrome, firefox) on any device at HOME on Optus  NBN IP address and DNS (PC, MAC, mobile phone, iPAD). Suddenly I was unable to do so. Each browser would simply time-out. The message that came up on the brwoser is

‘This site can’t be reached, Server IP address could not be found. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN’

Fortunately for me, someone through the Community Forum at Weebly. com resolved the matter (Weebly customer support, like Optus, were unable to do so). This was his response:

'There is some kind of issue for people using Optus where custom domains are not resolving for them. We're not sure whether Optus blocking register.com (our Registrar who supplies the nameservers that domains registered through us use), or if it's some other kind of network issue between register.com and Optus. We've reached out to Register.com so they can look into the issue, and from what I saw on Optus's forums it looks like they're also looking into it.'

Anyway, I googled and the information I found was to change the Optus DNS by entering the following:

It now works perfectly. So if you have experienced same or similar, change your DNS to the above. Because clearly, no one at Optus had any clue!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @geom 

Are you saying the solution was to change your device/PC's DNS settings?

If that's what you're saying the problem is not solved, as you can't ask every customer/user of a website to change their DNS settings....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

No, absolutely not. Just sharing an interim solution in response to other posts here. Optus have yet to fix the problem and their unsurprising silence on this continues to disturb.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Ok.

Our site magically works now for Optus customers, though Optus can't give me any reason why, or even tell me whether they've done anything 9r why it happened in the first place. Absolute incompetence.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors