cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Webmail

Why is webmail painfully slow?

I don't have issues with any other web pages or email accounts.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Webmail

Its because Optus' mail servers are very often overloaded.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hmm. Why doesn’t Optus fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

so what can we do to make it faster

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @monty54, sorry to hear about your Optus Webmail issue. Is this through an email application like Outlook, Windows mail etc? Does the issue replicate when you login directly via the Webmail → website? Has clearing the cookies / cache helped? How about using a different browser. If it is through an application then please refer to our Email → Help & Support page for more info.

If the issue still continues then please raise it with our Technical Support team either via the → messaging service or by calling them on  131344 - Mon - Fri 8am - 8pm AEST to assist you further.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@Kartika 

Has anyone in Optus understand this is happening again & again...I have already inform them 3 times from Monday. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I have raised case number 22841747 for anyone to reference that

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @jawsjaws, apologies for any inconvenience caused to the issues with your webmail. We're aware of an issue impacting the webmail services (REF#22841747) at the moment. Our Tech teams are working to restore services as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

What is going on with webmail? Either it is painfully slow or now it won't let me log on?

A bit more communication from Optus on what they are doing to fix this mess. Just telling us the techs are on it is BS!