Searching...
Highlighted

Weak coverage in Carnegie area.

etherlight

Hi, I just moved to Carnegie from the city with a 12-month sim only contract. While the city had exceptional internet speed, in Carnegie it is quiet the opposite. Whats the issue? 

Download speeds dropped from 80Mbps to 4Mbps

Re: Weak coverage in Carnegie area.

Jeneral__Pain

You need to remember that everywhere will perform differently with Mobile Broadband, especially between the city and the suburbs. In the city you'll have a tonne of Microcells serving the area, in building taking the load and much much more coverage options. 

In the suburbs (ie: Carnegie), you have a concentration of users without the concentration of hosting cell sites.

Using the Service Status tool, did you check if there was any problems in your area?

What device?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

etherlight

The Service Status Tool said that there were no problems in my area, and no one from the Yes Crowd answered my question. 

I understand the performances changes from place to place, but this is a drastic drop and it is quite annoying. I just began my plan and it would be too expensive now to cancel it. 

What is another solution?

Ray_YC

This is not something that we can currently assist with here on the forum. 

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details. 

If not, please chat with us.  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
24 Kudos
19 Kudos
14 Kudos
11 Kudos
9 Kudos