cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Very poor 4g if any coverage in Pottsville NSW

I have lived her for over 5 years and kept getting told it would be better. We are like a black spot and in my home one tiny bar! When I am not on my internet for wifi on a recent blackout there was coverage in and out on 1 bar! Too bad if there was an emergency. Can you please look at fixing this and boosting the tower or whoever owns the tower you may put your dish on. It has been years and years! 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Very poor 4g if any coverage in Pottsville NSW

Hey there @swhibb, thanks for reaching out. It's not great to hear that you are having constant network issues in your area Pottsville, NSW. I've taken a look at your area and can see that the closest Mobile towers in proximity from your suburb are situated in Cabarita Beach and Cudgera Creek. Both towers at this current stage appear to be showing no faults or outages.

If you haven't tried this already, I suggest you have a look at our range of troubleshooting steps that may help with faults and network issues here → https://bit.ly/2GdfLzo.

In regards to having requested to increase the signal in your area, we are not able to guarantee anything on this regard, but we can promise that we are dedicated to improving our network coverage around Australia, especially in regional areas.   

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

@swhibbDownload an app called Aus Tower on your phone and it will show you the reception you should be getting.

I would suggest buying a cheap Belong and Vodafone SIM when they are on special and trying them to see if one of the other networks are better than Optus.

Where I am Optus is okay, Telsta is best and Vodafone sucks, but for data Optus 4G is okay when the tower is working correctly (it's been faulty for 3 months this year on B40 so far and it currently okay).

BTW the new network outage page it sucks compared to the previous page.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

We had a similar situation and in the end opted to get a mobile booster installed throughout the house. it was expensive, but we own the property and don't plan to move anytime sooner and working from home was just too challenging without it. 

https://wirelesscoverage.com.au/4g-signal-booster/ 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors