Searching...

Very Slow mobile data speeds

Essex1

I have just recently moved to Crows Nest NSW, the coverage map said "Great" and so far, no not "Great", i have 2x Mobile voice Sims 200GB plans runing on S10+ phones, and a mobile broadband sim 10Gb on an iPad Pro, all with latest updates installed, the maximum I have had on speed test is 5.5per sec but mainly sit between 2-4 per sec, any help would be appreciated

Re: Very Slow mobile data speeds

ParsaRVN

I've got the exact same problem. I am using Galaxy S10 which I bought on a 50 gb monthly plan. I live in Melbourne CBD and don't get any speed higher than 4-5 mbps on speed tests. 

Ray_YC

Hey there, what troubleshooting have you done so far?

Do you have family/friends also on the Optus network who have the same issue when in the exact location?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ParsaRVN

Thank you for your response Ray .

I haven't done any troubleshooting, just simple things like restarting the device, checking in different occasions, clearing the cache, using different browsers and speed tests. 

No, I do not know other Optus users in my apartment . 

Ray_YC

I would say you have done plenty of troubleshooting yourself already ☺️ 

How long has it been happening? Have you checked our network service status page to check if there are any outages?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ParsaRVN

Thank you! well actually I could say since I changed my phone and plan (1 month ago). I was using a prepain plan on an iPhone 6s. Initially I thought the problem is with the galaxy S10 but wasn't. 

I did not know the outages page, but now that I checked, there is no outage in my area. 

Highlighted

Ray_YC

You didn't have a problem with speeds with the iPhone but now you do on the S10?

Either way, please chat with us to let them know the issue and to give them the specific details such as your account info and address, etc.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos