Searching...
Accepted Solution

Using a different phone on a phone plan

o_maxt

Hi Yes Crowd,

I'm on an old phone plan that I got 2 years ago and my phone is starting to become unbearable. I want to buy a new phone outright and use the sim card I have on my current phone plan.

Can I use the Sim Card I have now and just swap phones?

Thanks!

Oscar.

Solution

Re: Using a different phone on a phone plan

Davelew

Yes, providing the new phone uses the same size SIM card or smaller and you old phone SIM is the press out kind quick which allows you to press or a smaller sizes SIM. Otherwise it is easy to get a replacement SIM card from an Optus shop and activate that on the old plan.

I would also have a look at the new phone plans as you might get a better deal.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Using a different phone on a phone plan

Toomey

If you're buying a new phone outright, check out the SIM only deals → SIM Only Plans

We're currently offering 20GB for $40 if you change before 25/03/2018.

You can sign up via the website and just select "Keep my existing number" when checking out. Our Sales Support team will take care of the rest when processing your order.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
10 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos