cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor amjewel
New Contributor

Unlock sagemcom 3864 modem

Hi, I have a modem Sagemcom 3864 which I got it from my friend. Can I use this modem to connect other service provider ? How do I know it's locked or not. Every time I try to connect it showing connect to optus. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Unlock sagemcom 3864 modem

do you already have an active internet connection at your location? don't think the modem is lock, but i could be wrong. are you seeing the modem's setup page with "connecting to optus" or can't connect to the internet and only see the optus's website?

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Unlock sagemcom 3864 modem

Yes I agree. Try Unticking the 'Connecting to Optus' check box. If your are using ADSL2+ (PPPoE), you would need your alternative ISP's allocated email address and password for connection. If you are using NBN (IPoE), you generally would not to enter any log-in to ISP credentials - you will need to verify custom settings published by your alternative ISP/RSP provider to confirm what information they are expecting from your modem.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors