Searching...

Re: UPDATE: Slow browsing of international sites on Optus network

Trecky

I've been getting 1 bar 4G on my S9 locally in Perth and in Secret Harbour my NBN is down to 1-2 bars maximum. Fetch seems to be working but Stan and Netflix don't work at all through the apps on Fetch. 

This went down yesterday just after midday and continues to be the case now. When Optus advises the technicians fixed the issue... well ours isn't fixed. This is impacting working from home via the internet, impacting my child's schooling and study, impacting my down time where watching Netflix or Stan i can no longer do.

When will this be fixed for good?

[ Edited ]
JimR

My NBN issues seemed to have resolved since late yesterday evening Perth time. So far ok, Netflix and browsing back to normal.

Thornlie WA.

Solution

[ Edited ]
Ray_YC

Update at 23rd May 5:42pm Sydney time:

Access to affected websites and applications have stabilised. Our Tech team is continuing to test and monitor performance.

Update at 24th May 4:21pm Sydney time:

Networks have confirmed this issue is resolved with international traffic performance consistently stable.
Networks will continue to closely monitor international traffic performance to ensure no ongoing issues.
Mobile and fixed customers who experience slow browsing are advised to visit our help and support troubleshooting page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Edr77

Hi this problem has now occured through my NBN 3 days ago. I cant game unless I hotspot from my phone. Please advise.

Judson

Do Optus has a GSM card?

Ray_YC

Sure do, Judson 🙂 

Please let us know if you need help with anything further.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
18 Kudos
18 Kudos
9 Kudos
9 Kudos
7 Kudos